Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's in three days

Today is my (Laura) dad's 80th birthday.  I am very much like my dad personality wise.  He is very laid back and mellow.  We knew when he was mad, but it wasn't that often.  My dad worked very hard to support three girls on just his income.  I love my daddy.

We bought our tree yesterday.  Yes, we wait until the last minute.  It wasn't always like this, but it's worked for the last couple of years.  We go about a week before Christmas, get a beautiful tree for half the price.  Something tells me that when we have our princess, we're going to have to get things done earlier.

We've finished up a very wet week.  It has been raining since last Thursday.  Last night and today were the heaviest days.  Neil is going to go tomorrow to the Dreams do Come True campaign.  I'm going to wrap presents.

So on the adoption front, something told me to e-mail the I-171 to the agency.  I'm glad I did.  She saw two typos and contacted the USCIS for us.  I'm sure if I had tried, I would have spent hours on hold.  One was our fingerprints expired on 2/29/10 (10 months ago) and the other said it was a special needs child.

Next week Robert will be off.  I need to do lesson plans so that I can enjoy the last week of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment