Monday, December 20, 2010

The first post

Hi,

This is the first post.  I should have started this earlier, but better now than never.  This is making it real.

So, this is where I will be documenting our journey.  I actually have been thinking about this for several years, but the overly cautious side of me wanted to do all the research before jumping in.  After two years of soul searching and discussing, Robert and I decided it was the right thing to do.  Our families are supportive and Neil is looking forward to being a big brother.  He and I went grocery shopping and while we were in the produce section, he said, "I can't wait 'til I have a little sister."  Random, yes, but he is thinking ahead.

Here it is, December 20th and it looks like winter in Santa Clarita.  Last week it was 85 degrees.  Neil was wearing shorts as he went to take his finals.  Now, it's been raining since Thursday night.  We are supposed to get a two day reprieve on Thursday and Friday.

We're almost ready for Christmas.  Instead of our usual family gather Christmas Eve, we will be celebrating Christmas Day.  I'm looking forward to it.  Tomorrow, I'm planning on getting the tree. (Yeah, I know, but it's the easiest way.)  I also plan on finishing up shopping.  I'm  hoping that by next year, I'll be getting everything ready for our daughter's first American Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment